Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula problem

Hi

I am trying to analyse SAT results for my students

I have a column with their mark for each question
f8 to f24 for student A,
g8:g24 for student B
etc.

and a column that shows how many marks are allocated to each question c8
to c24

I want a boxes that have the following information in it.

Box 1 (which I have been able to do and it works)
to show how many students have less than 3 marks for each question

I used the formula:
=COUNTIF(F8:M8,"<3") for Question 1

=COUNTIF(F9:M9,"<3") for Question 2

etc.

Box 2
to show how many students have half marks or less than half marks per
question
the marks allocated to q1 is stored in cell c8

but this formula doesn't work

=COUNTIF(F8:M8,"<=C8/2")

any help would be much appreciated

--
Nospam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try an array formula. Enter this and hold down the Ctrl-Shift keys together
then press enter. If you do it correctly you will see {} curly braces around
the formula.

Note: if you later double-click in the cell with the array formula (or click
in the formula box) you must remember to hold the Ctrl-Shift keys again
before pressing enter, or press Esc key to exit without making any changes.

=COUNT(IF(F8:M8<=C8/2,1))