Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare data

I have a range of manually entered data (ie A2:c6). I want to compare the
data in the a2:c6 range to data that was manually entered into (ie d2:f6).

I want the spreadsheet to let me know in some manner if the data is the same
or is not the same in these ranges. If it could tell me what cells dont match
that would be good also.

--
dr chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,
I copied your code but had to delete "else" for it to work. All cells in
A2:C6
are bring coloured irrespective of data mismatch. Is this what is intended or
only the mismatched cell(s) is(are) to be coloured.
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Personally I'd do it with conditional formatting to highlight the
differences between the 2 sets of data.

Go in to cell D2, then choose Conditional Formatting from the Format
Menu bar

Under Condition 1 choose "Formula is" and then type

=IF(A2<D2,TRUE,FALSE) in to the box on the right.

Click Format and choose how you want to highlight the differences (eg
in red text).

Then click Add

This will compare cell D2 to cell A2 and if they are different then D2
will show in a different format

And if you Format Copy that cell to your other ranges it'll do the
rest.

Hope that makes sense?

Lee

--
roundabout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Lee, I prefer VBA for my application.
--
Robert