Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Interaction on Server

We have several production reports that, after the main data extractions, are
processed and formatted using Excel VBA macros. These all run on our
production server. I have noticed that if something goes wrong with one of
them, (say it errs out) then others that come later tend to fail.

So, I don't know if I'm phrasing this right, but is there something
proactive we should be doing to ensure that an Excel macro won't conflict
with another one? Also, as there's a lot of cut and paste in these things,
if two jobs wind up running at the same time, do they each keep track of what
they have on the clipboard, or is there a risk for cross-contamination?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Automating Excel in a server environment is not supported or encouraged by
MS.
As for the clipboard and cross-contamination it would depend on your code,
but I would think it highly probable.
You would have careful that you do not end up with multiple instances of
Excel that cannot close themselves.

You can create Excel files without Excel installed; search for various
classes that implement this.
There's also Office Web Components, but I don't use them, so I can't say if
that route would be better.

NickHK