Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
San San is offline

Default Excel is not closing

Hai all,
Im tryiing to access Excel object like following from PHP, scripting
language.
After calling this excel is not closing after the execution.
If we comment the 'FreezePanes' property its working file.

$excel_app = new COM("Excel.Application");
$excel_app-ActiveWindow-FreezePanes = True;

thanks in advance,
San.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

san,
I don't know PHP well, but I assume that is the same as this VB code:
Dim XLApp as Object
Set XLApp=CreateObject("Excel.Application")
XLApp.ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

However, is there actually any window yet as you have not added/opened any
workbooks ?
Check the value of ActiveWindow.

Not sure, but if the application or window is not visible, it may error.

NickHK

"San" wrote in message
Hai all,
Im tryiing to access Excel object like following from PHP, scripting
language.
After calling this excel is not closing after the execution.
If we comment the 'FreezePanes' property its working file.

$excel_app = new COM("Excel.Application");
$excel_app-ActiveWindow-FreezePanes = True;

thanks in advance,
San.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
San San is offline

Thanks for the repay. :-)
No effect.
already used like this.
$workbook-close();
$excel_app-Quit();

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Try:
$excel_app-Quit

HTH
--
AP

"San" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hai all,
Im tryiing to access Excel object like following from PHP, scripting
language.
After calling this excel is not closing after the execution.
If we comment the 'FreezePanes' property its working file.

$excel_app = new COM("Excel.Application");
$excel_app-ActiveWindow-FreezePanes = True;

thanks in advance,
San.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
San San is offline

Thanks for the replay.

$workbook-close();
$excel_app-Quit();
these two statements are already used before closing.

"San" wrote in message
Hai all,
Im tryiing to access Excel object like following from PHP, scripting
language.
After calling this excel is not closing after the execution.
If we comment the 'FreezePanes' property its working file.

$excel_app = new COM("Excel.Application");
$excel_app-ActiveWindow-FreezePanes = True;

thanks in advance,
San.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

San,
Yes, but from your code, there is no ActiveWindow as there is no workbook.
Unless you missed half of your code.
Probably best asked in a PHP NG.

NickHK