Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping thorough records

I have the following code that loops through the records and does fine but I
cannot get it to loop back through all of the records in column A. It looks
at cell A1 and does the loop and stops. What am I doing wrong?

Option Base 1
Public RelOpts() As String
Sub GetRelOpt()
x = 1
NextRow = 0
StrToMatch = Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value

ReDim RelOpts(1 To x)

Do While Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value < ""
If Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value = StrToMatch Then
RelOpts(x) = Cells(1 + NextRow, 2).Value
x = x + 1
ReDim Preserve RelOpts(x) As String
End If
NextRow = NextRow + 1
Loop
y = 1
Do Until RelOpts(y) = ""
CCString = CCString + RelOpts(y) + " ,"
y = y + 1
Loop
Cells(1, 5).Value = Left(CCString, (Len(CCString) - 2))

End Sub

Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you comparing Cell "A1" to the rest of the cells in column A or
are you looking for duplicates in column A ?
You could get a start on figuring out the problem by declaring all of your variables.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Debi H"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a list of parts in column A that I loop through and if they are the
same I get the data from colunm B that matches all the same values in column
A and insert it into C1.
colA ColB

door 1234
door 1234
door 5555
hood 5555
hood 6666
hood 1234

The output would be

col A Col C
door 1234, 5555
hood 5555,6666,1234

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debi,
Move the "StrToMatch = Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value" line down so it is
the first line in the Do loop...

Do While Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value < ""
StrToMatch = Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value
If Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value = StrToMatch Then
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Are you comparing Cell "A1" to the rest of the cells in column A or
are you looking for duplicates in column A ?
You could get a start on figuring out the problem by declaring all of your variables.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That got all of column B but put did put the field for column B when column A
changed
col A Col C
door 1234, 5555,5555,6666,1234
hood

There should be the matching records for door and the matching records for
door

col A Col C
door 1234, 5555
hood 5555,6666,1234

Does that make sense?

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Are you comparing Cell "A1" to the rest of the cells in column A or
are you looking for duplicates in column A ?
You could get a start on figuring out the problem by declaring all of your variables.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try playing around with this...
'------------------------
Sub GetRelOpt()
Dim x As Long
Dim NextRow As Long
Dim strToMatch
Dim rngCell As Excel.Range

NextRow = 1
Do While Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value < ""
x = 3
Set rngCell = Cells(NextRow, 1)
strToMatch = rngCell.Value
Do While Cells(1 + NextRow, 1).Value = strToMatch
rngCell(1, x).Value = Cells(1 + NextRow, 2).Value
NextRow = NextRow + 1
x = x + 1
Loop
NextRow = NextRow + 1
Loop
End Sub
'-----------
Jim Cone

"Debi H"
wrote in message
That got all of column B but put did put the field for column B when column A
changed
col A Col C
door 1234, 5555,5555,6666,1234
hood

There should be the matching records for door and the matching records for
door

col A Col C
door 1234, 5555
hood 5555,6666,1234

Does that make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub GetRelOpt()
Dim lngR As Long
Dim varToMatch As Variant
Dim rngCell As Excel.Range
Dim rngColumn As Excel.Range

Set rngColumn = Range("A1", Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
For Each rngCell In rngColumn
If Len(rngCell.Value) Then
varToMatch = rngCell.Value
lngR = 2
Do While rngCell(lngR, 1).Value = varToMatch
rngCell(1, 2).Value = rngCell(1, 2).Value & ", " & rngCell(lngR, 2).Value
rngCell(lngR, 2).EntireRow.Clear
lngR = lngR + 1
Loop
End If
Next
rngColumn.EntireRow.Sort key1:=Range("A1")
End Sub
'------------

"Debi H"
wrote in message
It still did not work and pick up the hood and put the data in the cell in
the B column that related to the hood. Also it put it in 3 different cells
not one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one thing I noticed......I have data in column 3-6 for that 2nd row as well
and when it takes the data and merges it from column 2 (B) it deletes the
other date in columns 3-6. I gues I need to merge that data as well??? And
as you will notice the last column may or maynot have data.

BRAKE LINE RUBBING, KNOCKING 4 BT93 LY52486 8888
BRAKE LINE RUBBING, KNOCKING 4 BU31 LT91873 2807
DOOR INNER HANDLE FUNCTION 4 BU33 LW59323 1130
DOOR CUT-OUT WELD ISSUE 4 DU91 LK43454
FOG REARLIGHT FUNCTION 4 DU52 LF68094 1130

wrote in message
It still did not work and pick up the hood and put the data in the cell in
the B column that related to the hood. Also it put it in 3 different cells
not one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can just add as many cells as you need to ...
'2 is the column number
& rngCell(lngR, 2).Value

so you would have...
& rngCell(lngR, 2).Value & ", " & rngCell(lngR, 3).Value & ", " & rngCell(lngR, 4).Value 'and so on.

Jim Cone

wrote in message
It still did not work and pick up the hood and put the data in the cell in
the B column that related to the hood. Also it put it in 3 different cells
not one

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok that worked but it put all of the data from column C-G into one cell in
column B I gues what I am trying to say is it is working good but the
results should be

BRAKE LINE RUBBING, KNOCKING 4 BT93 LY52486 8888
BRAKE LINE RUBBING, KNOCKING 4 BU31 LT91873 2807

column a
BRAKE LINE RUBBING, KNOCKING
column b
4,4