-   -   Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367494-cmd-buttons-directly-spreadsheet.html)

Mark Ivey

Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet

I have some apps with command buttons directly on a spreadsheet. They work fine on most PCs, but on one they are totally inactive. Every time I hover the mouse over the Cmd Buttons, I get the black crosshairs with arrows on the ends.

Can someone help me figure out how to activate these command buttons in Excel on this computer?

BTW - The command buttons are there just to launch a macro.

--
Mark Ivey

NickHK

Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet

Mark,
Sounds like you are in Design Mode.
Click the icon that looks like a set square + ruler from the control Box
toolbar.

NickHK

"Mark Ivey" wrote in message
I have some apps with command buttons directly on a spreadsheet. They work
fine on most PCs, but on one they are totally inactive. Every time I hover
the mouse over the Cmd Buttons, I get the black crosshairs with arrows on
the ends.

Can someone help me figure out how to activate these command buttons in
Excel on this computer?

BTW - The command buttons are there just to launch a macro.

--
Mark Ivey

Mark Ivey

Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet

I checked that and toggled it both ways. No luck.

--
Mark Ivey

"Mark Ivey" wrote in message
I have some apps with command buttons directly on a spreadsheet. They work
fine on most PCs, but on one they are totally inactive. Every time I hover
the mouse over the Cmd Buttons, I get the black crosshairs with arrows on
the ends.

Can someone help me figure out how to activate these command buttons in
Excel on this computer?

BTW - The command buttons are there just to launch a macro.

--
Mark Ivey

NickHK

Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet

Mark,
Is Security set to High, so macro can't run ?

NickHK

"Mark Ivey" wrote in message
I have some apps with command buttons directly on a spreadsheet. They work
fine on most PCs, but on one they are totally inactive. Every time I hover
the mouse over the Cmd Buttons, I get the black crosshairs with arrows on
the ends.

Can someone help me figure out how to activate these command buttons in
Excel on this computer?

BTW - The command buttons are there just to launch a macro.

--
Mark Ivey

Mark Ivey

Cmd Buttons directly on a spreadsheet

No... it is set to medium and the macros are enabled when the file is opened.

--
Mark Ivey