Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA+API refresh userForm

Using Show with vbModeless parameter I can change chart which I try to
modify.
How can I refresh my userForm to show parameters current chart (e.i.
size). Of course, it is possible to use button which loads up the
settings for the currently selected shape and displays them. But I need
to do it automatically, without button. Maybe API can help to do it but
I didn't find out any examples.
Can you help me?

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg,
You still need to activate the code from some event.
What is changing that you need to refresh ?
I don't understand the connection between your userForm and "the currently
selected shape".

NickHK

"Greg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Using Show with vbModeless parameter I can change chart which I try to
modify.
How can I refresh my userForm to show parameters current chart (e.i.
size). Of course, it is possible to use button which loads up the
settings for the currently selected shape and displays them. But I need
to do it automatically, without button. Maybe API can help to do it but
I didn't find out any examples.
Can you help me?

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK napisal(a):
Greg,
You still need to activate the code from some event.
What is changing that you need to refresh ?
I don't understand the connection between your userForm and "the currently
selected shape".

I need to refresh userForm because chart or series on chart is
changing.
For example, I need to show size "new" chart but I don't want to press
any button.

ModelessForm.zip (http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp) is almost
what I want to achieve but working with cells, not chart.

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Greg,

At the appropriate point in your code add this line. Change USerForm1
to the name of your form.

UserForm1.Repaint

You may see a little flicker when it refreshes the form.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg,
How do you put your chart on the userform ?
If the data behind a chart changes, then the Worksheet_Change event fires.
This can be update trigger.

NickHK

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...