Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveCopyAs

Can someone help please, I am wanting to use the following but with some
extra code which saves it as EXCEL3 format so that it is compatible with MAC.

ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\Documents and Settings\" & GetUserName &
"\Desktop\" & "WYP_" & Range("D5").Value & ".xls"

Thanks in advance

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,

Use the SaveAs method, where you can specify the file format. SaveCopyAs by default uses the same
format as the file being copied - otherwise, it wouldn't be a copy.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
Can someone help please, I am wanting to use the following but with some
extra code which saves it as EXCEL3 format so that it is compatible with MAC.

ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\Documents and Settings\" & GetUserName &
"\Desktop\" & "WYP_" & Range("D5").Value & ".xls"

Thanks in advance

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SaveCopyAs will save it as an exact copy.

So you could do your .savecopyAs, then open it, save it the way you want and the
close it.

--

Dave Peterson

SaveCopyAs with a twist Rookie 1st class Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 January 21st 07 12:33 AM
savecopyas question scott23[_3_] Excel Programming 1 October 4th 04 02:12 PM
saveCopyAs judith Excel Programming 1 September 29th 04 11:21 AM
SaveCopyAs Greg Hadrych Excel Programming 4 July 28th 04 07:49 PM
SaveCopyAs Mark Worthington Excel Programming 4 February 8th 04 06:00 AM