Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disable worksheet tab options

Hello out there,

I want to insert a VBA script that will disable a specific event/operation
in excel. I want to prevent a user to drag and drop an excel worksheet tab
into another workbook. Just to clarify, this is achieved by users clicking
down on the sheet tab and dragging it into a new workbook. I also want to
protect the tab structure so users can't rearrange sheet order (I''ve figured
out how to disable rename/delete)

Thank you in advance,

-Sanbitter Man

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I checked it, what should I be seeing?? There's nothing there.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Check your original post.

Sanbitter Man wrote:

Hello out there,

I want to insert a VBA script that will disable a specific event/operation
in excel. I want to prevent a user to drag and drop an excel worksheet tab
into another workbook. Just to clarify, this is achieved by users clicking
down on the sheet tab and dragging it into a new workbook. I also want to
protect the tab structure so users can't rearrange sheet order (I''ve figured
out how to disable rename/delete)

Thank you in advance,

-Sanbitter Man

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like microsoft has picked up my post in the google support group as
well...I thought these 2 groups were exclusive of each other...Did you have
any information that relates to answering my question/post?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Why post under two names within a minute of each.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sanbitter Man" wrote in message
Hello out there,

I want to insert a VBA script that will disable a specific event/operation
in excel. I want to prevent a user to drag and drop an excel worksheet
tab
into another workbook. Just to clarify, this is achieved by users
clicking
down on the sheet tab and dragging it into a new workbook. I also want to
protect the tab structure so users can't rearrange sheet order (I''ve
figured
out how to disable rename/delete)

Thank you in advance,

-Sanbitter Man

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can stop them from moving the worksheet by protecting the workbook.

Tools|Protection|protect workbook|Check structure.

Be aware that this protection can be broken quite easily.

(And this same option disables the rename/delete as well as insert)

Sanbitter Man wrote:

I checked it, what should I be seeing?? There's nothing there.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Check your original post.