Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office,microsoft.public.word.general

Default EXCEL, WORD Automation

Greetings all!

I have a project I am working on that I need help with, I am not sure how to
go about explaining it so I will just provide a scenario and hope someone
knows what I am talking about.

I work in an environment where I create the same files over and over with
new directiories. Here is what I want to do.

I create folders that have a unique name, let's say 'job number'
I have three subfolders (not unique)
I have an excel file which contains information in the file 'job number',
the file name itself is also includeing the job number.
I have a word file that is similar to the excel file.

I want to create a script that will create the folder with job name, the sub
folders, excel & word documents with the file name including the job number
and also information in the file (let's say to a text field).

Is there any good way to do this? Thanks for the help.

--

Please post your responses to this newsgroup so that
we may all learn from your expertise.

-lumpjaw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tale a look at the FileSysyemObject of VBScript
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...s/default.mspx

You can read from excel in your script something like;

Option Explicit
Dim filePath, oExcel, oSheet
filePath = "c:\Test.xls"
Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Workbooks.Open(filepath)
Set oSheet = oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1)
MsgBox oSheet.Cells(1, 1)
oExcel.DisplayAlerts = False
oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Close
oExcel.Quit