Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change conditional formatting to coloured alternate rows dependent on a change in date?

I have several rows of text with alternate rows coloured blue.

Column A has a date and columns B and C contain text data.

Is there a way to have those alternate rows change colour when the
date changes in Column A?

Below is the text in this new spreadsheet so far, to illustrate. I
have returned or will return library items as per the dates below.
But it would be nice to have the spreadsheet's conditional formatting
change when the date changes in Column A. I manually have the entire
spreadsheet set for blue&white but I realized when I printed out the
sheet today to take with me to the library, that it'll be easier to
have the rows change to one other colour combination so that I have
blocks of blue&white, then, say, yellow+white, blue&white,
yellow&white, etc., down the page. Is it possible to do something
like this programmatically?

Jul.14.2006 CD soundtrack Empire Strikes Back.
Jul.14.2006 CD audiobook Positive Attitude Training.
Jul.15.2006 CD audiobook 1 Minute Millionaire
Jul.15.2006 CD audiobook 7 Steps to Fearless Speaking
Jul.15.2006 CD audiobook Animals, Inc.
Jul.15.2006 CD audiobook The Success Principles

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change conditional formatting to coloured alternate rows dependent

B2 cond. formating formula is some like
=A2<DATE(2006,7,14)
make ur color choise

C2 likewyise

"StargateFan" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:04:02 -0700, excelent
wrote:

B2 cond. formating formula is some like
=A2<DATE(2006,7,14)
make ur color choise

C2 likewyise

Hi! There was a response to my msg! Thanks. I'd looked twice but
since the messages weren't linked, didn't see this until I re-dl all
the headers and manually looked this third time around. Thanks for
your response.

Re this code, I'm thinking that that might work for the first time
there is a change as is, but since a specific date is specified with
the "2006,7,14", what happens after the 15th, or the first change, I
wonder? I'd have to constantly be changing the conditional formatting
code wouldn't I? I think that seems to defeat the purpose of the
spreadsheet, no? I'm manually just changing conditional formatting
now as it is but what the goal is is to have something I never had to
change the formatting of in any way, just to type in the data.

Perhaps conditional formatting isn't the way to go since I'm using
alternating row colours. Perhaps vb coding would be better? But I'm
afraid it's beyond my skills.

Does anyone know what can be done? I've been using this spreadsheet
as it is but it's really cumbersome as each time I'm adding entries, I
have to fiddle with the sheet. Since the spreadsheet is for items I
return each day to my local library, it's important to have something
easy to use. I've occasionally problems with the library making
errors and it means having them search for returned items. They
eventually find them, since the system makes the occasional error in
not properly registering returned items but I'd like something easier
to use to keep track of what I return.

Thanks once again in advance. :oD

"StargateFan" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change conditional formatting to coloured alternate rows depen

ok Stargatefan :-) i etmit my english isent that great (just trying to help)

but until somone coms widt the right answer try this

in cont.formating - Formula is: =MOD(ROW();2)=0
shose ur color

then copy this format (only the format) to all cells u want efected

It color eatch second rows in that color u pic

"StargateFan" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And u can get difrent patterns modyfying the formula like:

=MOD(ROW();3)=0
=MOD(ROW();4)=0
=MOD(ROW();3)
=MOD(ROW();4)