Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default text box?

I am creating an area for users to manually enter data.
I thought i would create a text box for the user to enter data into and then
use that data in a file name that is later created. I have no problem
creating the text box but it does not seem to be editable as a user interface?

suggestions?

--
dr chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Somehow i got out of the text box edit mode and now i can add info to the
text box. not really sure how i did that. Is there a way to tab from one
text box to the next...?

--
dr chuck

"dr chuck" wrote:

I am creating an area for users to manually enter data.
I thought i would create a text box for the user to enter data into and then
use that data in a file name that is later created. I have no problem
creating the text box but it does not seem to be editable as a user interface?

suggestions?

--
dr chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

chuck,

While in design mode right-click the textbox and select Properties. In the
Properties box ensure that Enabled = True.

Mike

"dr chuck" wrote:

I am creating an area for users to manually enter data.
I thought i would create a text box for the user to enter data into and then
use that data in a file name that is later created. I have no problem
creating the text box but it does not seem to be editable as a user interface?

suggestions?

--
dr chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dr chuck,

I am not exactly sure how VBA implements this, but look at the properties
for each of the text boxes and there should be either an Index or Tab Index
that can be used for what you need. If you give them numbers from 1 to x
the Tab key will cycle through the controls in that order, and the one with
a 1 should have the focus first. Note that all controls on a form can be
cycled this way so you could cycle through each of the text boxes then give
the focus on the Tab after the last box of data is entered to a "Submit"
button, etc.

I am not positive, but I think that as each control is added to a form that
will also end up being the default Tab order.

David

"dr chuck" wrote:

I am creating an area for users to manually enter data.
I thought i would create a text box for the user to enter data into and
then
use that data in a file name that is later created. I have no problem
creating the text box but it does not seem to be editable as a user
interface?

suggestions?

--
dr chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A different interpretation:

It doesn't sound like you are on a userform tabbing through controls as Dove
is describing and it sounds like the textbox is already enabled as described
by Mike and Di.

It sounds like placed a textbox from the control toolbox toolbar on the
worksheet. This puts you in design mode. If you look at the control
toolbox toolbar, the first control (upper left corner - the control with the
drawing triangle) should appear depressed. This indicates you are in design
mode. This is a toggle in nature, so if you click it again, it should take
you out of design mode (it will no longer appear depressed) and the textbox
will then behave as you would expect.

Tom Ogilvy