Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default READING values from a closed workbook

I'm trying to read values from a closed workbook. I'm using an If...
Then statement to analyze the values in the closed workbook and then
return a result in the current workbook. I've seen the code from Ron de
Bruin and on the website, but everything I find is not what I'm looking
for. I only need to read, not copy, values from a closed workbook. Is
it possible?

--
kev_06
kev_06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35046

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like the following:

Dim Res As Variant
Res =
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("'H:\[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!R1C1")
Debug.Print Res

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"kev_06"
wrote in message

I'm trying to read values from a closed workbook. I'm using an
If...
Then statement to analyze the values in the closed workbook and
then
return a result in the current workbook. I've seen the code
from Ron de
Bruin and on the website, but everything I find is not what I'm
looking
for. I only need to read, not copy, values from a closed
workbook. Is
it possible?

--
kev_06
kev_06's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kevin,

See John Walkenbach at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"kev_06" wrote in
message ...

I'm trying to read values from a closed workbook. I'm using an If...
Then statement to analyze the values in the closed workbook and then
return a result in the current workbook. I've seen the code from Ron de
Bruin and on the website, but everything I find is not what I'm looking
for. I only need to read, not copy, values from a closed workbook. Is
it possible?

--
kev_06
kev_06's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps this will be more to your liking...

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...ing-workbooks/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"kev_06" wrote:

I'm trying to read values from a closed workbook. I'm using an If...
Then statement to analyze the values in the closed workbook and then
return a result in the current workbook. I've seen the code from Ron de
Bruin and on the website, but everything I find is not what I'm looking
for. I only need to read, not copy, values from a closed workbook. Is
it possible?

--
kev_06
kev_06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35046
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A file must be opened to read data from it.

Not true. See my reply.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"crazybass2" wrote in
message

"kev_06" wrote:

I'm trying to read values from a closed workbook. I'm using an
If...
Then statement to analyze the values in the closed workbook
and then
return a result in the current workbook. I've seen the code
from Ron de
Bruin and on the website, but everything I find is not what
I'm looking
for. I only need to read, not copy, values from a closed
workbook. Is
it possible?

--
kev_06