Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code for opening Comment box

Hello,

Does anyone know what code would automatically bring up a comment bo
when the word "JOINT" is typed in that cell? I already have the I
statement, but I don't know the code to open a comment box.

Thanks, Chir

--
chris4652
chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3590

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MyRange.AddComment
MyRange.Comment.Visible = False 'Or True
MyRange.Comment.Text Text:="your comment here."

Where MyRange is the range of your cell.

Mike

"chris46521" wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know what code would automatically bring up a comment box
when the word "JOINT" is typed in that cell? I already have the If
statement, but I don't know the code to open a comment box.

Thanks, Chirs

--
chris46521
chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35909

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Mike! That works great. Do you know if there is a way to have the
comment box open up with the cursor flashing after some bold text? I
would also like the box close again after the user has finished
inputting the data.

Thanks!

Chris

"chris46521" wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know what code would automatically bring up a comment

box
when the word "JOINT" is typed in that cell? I already have the If
statement, but I don't know the code to open a comment box.

Thanks, Chirs

--
chris46521

chris46521's Profile:

View this thread:

chris46521
chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35909
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561618

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris,

Not sure about the bold text, but this will create a comment, make it
visible, add some text, and then leave it open for the use to make additions
to the text.

MyRange.AddComment
MyRange.Comment.Visible = True
MyRange.Comment.Text Text:="your text" & Chr(10)
MyRange.Comment.Shape.Select True

Mike