Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Puting data from an input box in two cells

I have an input box that askes the user for a figure. I want that figure
to go into the active cell and also into another cell (O2), but I don't want
to "Select" the other cell. I want the active cell to remain where it is
because the macro does some other things from that location (offsets etc.)

Here is where I get the figure....

AmtPaid = InputBox("Amount Paid?")
ActiveCell = -AmtPaid ' Negative Amount

Now I want to take whatever is input there and also put it into cell O2
(without actually selecting O2)

Thanks for any help you great guys can give me.

Jonco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AmtPaid = InputBox("Amount Paid?")
ActiveCell = -AmtPaid ' Negative Amount
Range(")2") = -AmtPaid ' should do it.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"jonco" wrote:

I have an input box that askes the user for a figure. I want that figure
to go into the active cell and also into another cell (O2), but I don't want
to "Select" the other cell. I want the active cell to remain where it is
because the macro does some other things from that location (offsets etc.)

Here is where I get the figure....

AmtPaid = InputBox("Amount Paid?")
ActiveCell = -AmtPaid ' Negative Amount

Now I want to take whatever is input there and also put it into cell O2
(without actually selecting O2)

Thanks for any help you great guys can give me.

Jonco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pardon the typo in the first response. I tried it and it worked for me.

AmtPaid = InputBox("Amount Paid?")
ActiveCell = -AmtPaid ' Negative Amount
Range("O2") = -AmtPaid ' should do it.
--