Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inconsistent behaviour Stop Statement

To get to the bottom of a problem that proves difficult to pin down I have
added a conditional Stop Statement
to the Workbook_Open event of a .xla add-in.
This add-in will not be loaded as an add-in (no tick under Tools, Add-ins)
but gets opened by another add-in.

So, add-in 1 does: Open strAddin2FullPath
and in the Workbook_Open event of this add-in 2 I have:

If Cells(1) = "stop" Then
Stop
End If

This comes directly after the Sub header and after some local variables.

On the home setup (Excel 2003, Windows XP) this works fine, so it will step
nicely through all the code
of the Workbook_Open event of add-in 2.
At work though it stops at the line: Open strAddin2FullPath of add-in 1and
goes no further.

I have now moved the Stop statement down in that Sub a bit, so some other
code lines will run before the Stop
and hopefully that will solve it.

Any ideas/suggestions here?

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just have tried this at work and still not working, so moving the Stop
statement a few
statements down didn't solve it.

RBS

RB Smissaert wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bart,

No idea why that doesn't work, maybe this might

If ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value = "error" Then
On Error GoTo 0
N = 1 / 0
'err.clear / resume original error handling

Peter T

oups.com...

RB Smissaert wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

So,
On Error GoTo 0
N = 1 / 0
comes in place of Stop?

Will give that a try, thanks.

RBS

Hi Bart,

No idea why that doesn't work, maybe this might

If ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value = "error" Then
On Error GoTo 0
N = 1 / 0
'err.clear / resume original error handling

Peter T

oups.com...