Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wildcards

Sorry for the repost, but I kinda thought someone would know the answer. My
question was; "can wildcards (* ~) be used in formulas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I didn't think so but someone may know a way to do it. If you post an
example of what you are trying to do someone will surely have a good solution
or two.

"italiavb" wrote:

Sorry for the repost, but I kinda thought someone would know the answer. My
question was; "can wildcards (* ~) be used in formulas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I didn't see your first post "...Say to count mulitple rows where cells
that begin with th same number or letter?"

I found an example of SUMPRODUCT and made it work to count the number of
rows that have cells in column "A" that start with the letter "A". My
knowledge of SUMPRODUCT is very limited but you can maybe try it

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A10,1)="A"),--(A1:A10<""))