Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excluding certain rows from Sort

I'm creating a spreadsheet for several "district application
reviewers" to use, and need help with a sort. I'm pretty good with this
stuff and even do some VGA programming, but can't figure this one out.

The spreadsheet contains information on about ~1200 districts. Each
district's information takes up three rows:

- the first row is 5 cells:
| District # | District Name | App # | Date1 | Date2 |

- the second row is blank, consisting of 5 merged cells.

- the third row isn't used. Its purpose is to provide a space between
each district's information.

The spreadsheet is filled in with this 3-roll blank pattern, going down
several thousand rows.

As each application is received, the reviewer enters the information in
Row 1. In the merged cells in Row 2, he enters any notes or comments
that are needed (sometimes none).

These reviewers are non-technical people, so I have to make this VERY
simple for them. One thing I need to do is put a macro button at the
top, such that when they click on it, it sorts all the entries by
District #, the information in the first column.

This would normally be simple, but the problem is, the 2nd and 3rd
lines of each entry keep screwing up the sort.

I also need buttons for sorting by each of the other columns, as well,
but they can just work like the first one, so that shouldn't be a
problem, once it's figured out.

Can somebody please give me a hand?

Thanks,

Ron M.