Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can you convert a PDF to an EXCEL Spreadsheet?

One of my coworkers is trying to do this and we wanted to find out if it's
possible...We have 2003 Version...

Thanks

Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is at least one PDF conversion program available at most computer
stores. I know it allows one to convert to Word and am fairly certain it
does so for Excel but you would need to check that out. I don't know of any
Excel capability of importing from pdf.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"KimC" wrote:

One of my coworkers is trying to do this and we wanted to find out if it's
possible...We have 2003 Version...

Thanks

Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kim,

I'm interested in any progress or findings you obtain. I also am in need of
this feature/program. We have a company database that basically only has
*.pdf for output. The output is very "tabluar" in form and It would be
greatly appreciated to somehow get it into an excel file.

I first attempted to "select all" "copy" inside of Adobe Reader and paste it
into a text file (Notepad for example). From there I was going to write VBA
code to read this text file into an Excel file. THIS METHOD DIDN'T WORK FOR
ME.

I then did a google search and found several programs you could purchase
that are suppose to accomplish this very thing. I downloaded a "trial
version" of one program which supposedly had all the functionallity, but
would only convert three pages of *.pdf file (hence, trial version). It
worked "somewhat okay". Unfortuneately I don't remember the site/program
that I used. i HOPE YOU FIND A BETTER ONE THAN I FOUND!

I've also learned that the *.pdf file format is basically an "open format"
as Adobe wants everything to use this format (printers, scanners, word
processors, etc.) The reference is available at

http://partners.adobe.com/public/dev...reference.html

I have used this document to create some basic *.pdf files, however, haven't
been able to "decode" anything yet. I'm also aware there are several other
viewers of *.pdf format files other than Adobe Reader. I'm specifically
aware of these for Linux operating systems.

Sincerely,

Christmas May

"KimC" wrote:

One of my coworkers is trying to do this and we wanted to find out if it's
possible...We have 2003 Version...

Thanks

Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kim,
With full blown Acrobat Pro, NOT the Reader, you can .SaveAs a variety
format, although Excel is not one of them Text, XML & HTML are. From that it
is easy to get into Excel.
Also you can select tables and open directly in Excel.
A quick look show Acrobat 6.0 at about US$110 from Amazon.

NickHK

"KimC" wrote in message
One of my coworkers is trying to do this and we wanted to find out if it's
possible...We have 2003 Version...

Thanks

Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i've used the readiris demo with success. in demo form it only does
50pages but if you have a pdf splitter this isn't a huge problem.

I'd give it a go, it's got a 30day trial so you'll be able to get a
good gauge on how well it'll serve your purposes

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330