Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is 300,000 Named Ranges going to cause problems?

I've already posted about a similar issue with creating the named
ranges and have successfully created all 300,000 needed for a
particular project I am working on...however, is having 300,000 named
ranges going to result into performance issues with Excel at some point?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, performance will be very slow. 300,000 named ranges is not a good idea.
You can probably reduce the number of named ranges by a large factor by
using implicit intersection.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've already posted about a similar issue with creating the named
ranges and have successfully created all 300,000 needed for a
particular project I am working on...however, is having 300,000 named
ranges going to result into performance issues with Excel at some point?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you trying to use these 300K named ranges in Excel formulae or in VBA?
can you give an example of the code/formulae you are using?

regards
Charles
______________________

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
yes, performance will be very slow. 300,000 named ranges is not a good
idea.
You can probably reduce the number of named ranges by a large factor by
using implicit intersection.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've already posted about a similar issue with creating the named
ranges and have successfully created all 300,000 needed for a
particular project I am working on...however, is having 300,000 named
ranges going to result into performance issues with Excel at some point?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the new topic I posted...turns out after a reboot Excel decided
that the spreadsheet was invalid (LUCKY FOR ME I MADE A BACKUP WITHOUT
THE NAMES)...now I am trying to figure out a solution using a on sheet
refrence created by formulas and getting Excel VBA to goto locations
based on the values of the formulas...see topic above a few posts.

Charles Williams wrote:
Are you trying to use these 300K named ranges in Excel formulae or in VBA?
can you give an example of the code/formulae you are using?

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
yes, performance will be very slow. 300,000 named ranges is not a good
idea.
You can probably reduce the number of named ranges by a large factor by
using implicit intersection.

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available