Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with VBA code written in Excel 2002 working in Office 2003

Okay, I know its a wordy title but it describes my problem in general.
I have some code written in Office XP that will work on my computer,
and at least one other computer which has Office 2003 with no issues.
When I tried to use it on a third computer, which has Office 2003
installed on it, I kept getting compile errors. I would have a compile
error saying that it could not find the specified project or module
when dealing with a Right or Left vba function. It would also have
errors relating to an undeclared "i" or "j" for a For-Next function.
While I know it is not good ettiquette to have an undeclared variable,
it still worked on two out of three computers. Does anyone know what
could be causing this? Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a first guess I would look for a missing Reference. On the computer that
is causing the error, in the VBE select Tools - References and then look for
a checked item that starts with Missing...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Okay, I know its a wordy title but it describes my problem in general.
I have some code written in Office XP that will work on my computer,
and at least one other computer which has Office 2003 with no issues.
When I tried to use it on a third computer, which has Office 2003
installed on it, I kept getting compile errors. I would have a compile
error saying that it could not find the specified project or module
when dealing with a Right or Left vba function. It would also have
errors relating to an undeclared "i" or "j" for a For-Next function.
While I know it is not good ettiquette to have an undeclared variable,
it still worked on two out of three computers. Does anyone know what
could be causing this? Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave

Look for missing references in the VBA editor
ToolsReferences

And look in ToolsOptions
Editor ( variable declaration)
General (error trapping)