Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Excel Ready property

Hi,

I have an Excel add-in which can be used to bring up some custom dialogs. I
know that Excel sets the Application.Ready property to False while its own
dialogs are being displayed, and I would like to have my add-in also set the
property to False when the custom dialogs are displayed.

Does anyone know how this might be achieved?

Thanks in advance,
Dermot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Gary but my forms are Modal. The Excel add-in itself works fine. My
problem is with another party's application which makes use of Excel's
Application.Ready property to decide if it can make automation calls into
Excel. This other application correctly handles one of Excel's dialogs
being displayed, but it does not behave so well when one of my custom
dialogs is displayed (because it assumes that Excel is ready when it is
not).

Thanks,
Dermot

"Gary Brown" wrote in
message ...
Sounds like you want to make your forms Modal.
MyForm.ShowModal = true

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of
the
post.