Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ifs

Hi, In a cell I can have 'A 2' or '2 A'. 'A' can = either 1 or 11
depending on what the next value is. At the moment Im separating the
values, and asigning to variables FC & SC. So depending on the order FC
CAN = 'A or 2' and SC can = 2 or A. Then I use;
If FC = "A" and SC < 10 then
........do something
ElseIf FC < 10 and SC = "A" THEN
........ Do something else
end if.

As these values give the same either way is there a better way to ask
the question. When the Number is 10 the A = 1 and < 10 A = 11. I also
need to do this for 'A 2 2' or the numbers can be any number. I need to
add any numbers to see if they are smaller that 10. The max string with
an A is 4 numbers. eg 'A 2 3 4 5' i Add more variables for each number.

Regards Robert