Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NEED HELP : In Macro

Dear Friends,

I've a file using macro codings in our local server, which will be operated
by around 10 employees at a same time. Whenever each employee is opening the
file, there respective sheet(s) will be opened for them and other employee's
sheets will not be visible for them.

But the bug what I'm experiencing is that, whoever opens the file and if
they have some other excel file already opened in their computer and if they
are going to that fiel to see something, then the sheets which are visible
for the particulat employee is getting closed and not getting visible later
also. I don't know how to get rid of this BUG.

Somebody kindly help me. You can have a sample of my code as below.

Cur_User = Environ("UserName")
Select Case Cur_User
Case "tja001":
Disp_User = " Mr. Thandavakrishanan"
Sheets("Tower").Visible = True
Case "psu004":
Disp_User = " Mr. Pradeep"
Sheets("Tower").Visible = True
Case "mye001":
Disp_User = " Mr. Muralikrishnan"
Sheets("Murali").Visible = True
Case "aan002":
Disp_User = " Mr. Agilesh"
Sheets("Murali").Visible = True
Case "bba001":
Disp_User = " Mr. Baskaran"
Sheets("DG").Visible = True
Sheets("Servo").Visible = True
Case "kre001":
Disp_User = " Mr. Kamalanathan"
Sheets("AC").Visible = True
Sheets("FAS").Visible = True
Sheets("FES").Visible = True
Case "Sriram":
Disp_User = " Mr. Sriram"
Sheets("All Mat Data").Visible = True
Sheets("LogBook").Visible = True
Sheets("Murali").Visible = True
Sheets("Tower").Visible = True
Sheets("Shelter").Visible = True
Sheets("DG").Visible = True
Sheets("AC").Visible = True
Sheets("Servo").Visible = True
Sheets("FAS").Visible = True
Sheets("FES").Visible = True
End Select

Regards,
Sriram

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Bob,

Anyhow I've rectified the above said query on my own, by chaning the code
from Deactivate event to Before Save event.

Now I've come up with another issue. As you have helped Madoktor earlier by
filing the login users name, date and time in a separate hiddien sheet, I'm
using your same code in that. But sometimes it is showing an error stating
that, if two users opened or closed the file at the same time, then the
program got confused and asking in a dialog box what data should be entered
whether mine or others. Where I use to tell me users to click on Accept All
Mine button. If they are doing so the another user's data is not getting
entered in that field or in the below field also.

Kindly get me out of this error.

If you ask for the code what I've written is of the same what you've told
Madoktor.

Thanks,
Sriram