-   -   Possible ? Search all closed workbooks in a folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366647-possible-search-all-closed-workbooks-folder.html)

Corey

Possible ? Search all closed workbooks in a folder

Is this Possible ?

To Search all closed workbooks in a designated folder and copy worksheets to another workbook, if combo box values are matched.

I have a userform with 2 comboboxes on it(related) where the 2nd combobox is dependant on the 1st combobox value in a smae worksheet.

I want to place this in a workbook named (FIND Sheets) and run this as a macro to search through all the closed workbooks in a particuar folder,

Then all the found worksheets that have the values in both comboboxes, to be copied and placed intot he FIND Worksheets workbook ?

There could be as many as 10 workbooks in the folder.

Can it be done ?

Corey....

Ron de Bruin

Possible ? Search all closed workbooks in a folder

Hi Corey

See code here for looping through the workbooks
After opening the workbooks you can do your test

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl