Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ADD-IN will not appear in MENU BAR

I'm having a problem with several ADD-INs not appearing on a menu bar when
Excel opens. One ADD-IN loads perfectly and 5 won't load.
The PC is running XP, ADD-INs will not load when Excel opens even though the
ADD-INs are properly installed. The ADD-IN that does load easily is in the
same folder as the 5 problem files. The box in TOOLS ADD-INs remains
checked to "on" between Excel sessions for all 6 ADD-INS. Unchecking and
then re-checking the box in TOOLS ADD-INs causes that ADD-IN's menu to
reappear on the menu bar. Then everything works fine until the next time
Excel opens. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to cause the ADD-IN
to load every time Excel starts?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A wild guess -

Code to create the addin's menu items is in the AddinInstall event, also
menus are deleted when the addin unloads (a normal thing to do). If you have
that combination initiate the code to create the menus from the
Workbook_Open event or Auto_open in a normal module.

Regards,
Peter T

"MIKE215" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with several ADD-INs not appearing on a menu bar when
Excel opens. One ADD-IN loads perfectly and 5 won't load.
The PC is running XP, ADD-INs will not load when Excel opens even though

the
ADD-INs are properly installed. The ADD-IN that does load easily is in

the
same folder as the 5 problem files. The box in TOOLS ADD-INs remains
checked to "on" between Excel sessions for all 6 ADD-INS. Unchecking and
then re-checking the box in TOOLS ADD-INs causes that ADD-IN's menu to
reappear on the menu bar. Then everything works fine until the next time
Excel opens. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to cause the

ADD-IN
to load every time Excel starts?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Bob

But why would the Add-in appear when I toggle the check box on and of in
tools Add-ins?

These Add-ins were written by other folks and the code is passworded so I
can't get a sample.

Mike