Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Frustrating Problem with VBA Help in Office2003

First let me say that I have all (Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, etc...) of the
VBA Language Reference options installed with Office2003.

I am experiencing the problem listed in the Knowledge Base as KB887706. It
has also been mentioned in this forum under the post heading "Why can't I
access VBA Help topics?". There was no satisfactory answer to that post.

The problem is that I cannot access any of the VBA help information by
clicking F1 or by selecting a topic from the table of contents. The help
window pops-up, but it is always empty. Note that the table of contents does
appear correctly in the right-side panel. This problem applies to the VBA
Editor started from Excel and from Visio. I have not tried it from other
apps. Note also that the non-VBA help (like the main Excel help) does seem
to function correctly.

I have tried the solution listed in KB887706 (install Access2003). I have
also run the repair utility for Office2003 and the re-install utility for
Office2003. I have additionally uninstalled Office2003 and re-installed it
along with all the service packs and updates. (I re-booted between each
step.) For each of these attempts, I have installed all the Office2003
applications (including Access2003) and I have selected all of the VBA
Language Reference options to be installed.

None of these efforts have had the slightest affect on the problem. I
suspect that the problem is a registry entry or a file that is not removed by
the uninstall utility.

I rely heavily on the F1 key when I program VBA macros in Excel. Any help on
this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted this to "Excel Programming" because there exists no forum
dedicated to VBA or to VBA help (at least none that I could locate).

--Scott Hartog