Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check the content of a textbox?

Hi,

I have the following macro in excel vbe:

Code:
--------------------
Private Sub TextBox2_Change()

Dim okstop As Boolean
Dim mytext As String

okstop = False

Do
mytext = TextBox2.Value
If Not IsNumeric(mytext) And mytext < "" Then
TextBox2.Value = ""
MsgBox ("Gebruik a.u.b. alleen nummers")
Else
okstop = True
End If
Loop Until (okstop = True)

End Sub
--------------------

This macro works fine and checks every number that is typed in the
textbox. But I tried to change it to a check for text only. The macro
is below:

Code:
--------------------
Private Sub TextBox3_Change()

Dim okstop As Boolean
Dim mytext As String

okstop = False

Do
mytext = TextBox3.Value
If IsNumeric(mytext) And mytext < "" Then
TextBox3.Value = ""
MsgBox ("Gebruik a.u.b. alleen letters")
Else
okstop = True
End If
Loop Until (okstop = True)

End Sub
--------------------

The only problem is it only checks the first letter and then it quits
and you can enter numbers in it. What's wrong with the macro above and
how should it be changed to check every letter that is typed in the
textbox.
Thanks in advance for helping me!

--
leonidas
leonidas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35375

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not too sure about this one but i think you need to change If Not
IsNumeric to If Not IsText

regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could give this a try:

Private Sub TextBox3_Change()

Dim okstop As Boolean
Dim mytext As String

Dim mytextLen As Integer
Dim count As Integer

okstop = False

mytextLen = Len(TextBox3.Value)

For count = 1 To mytextLen
mytext = Mid(TextBox3.Value, c, 1)
If IsNumeric(mytext) And mytext < "" Then
TextBox3.Value = ""
MsgBox ("Gebruik a.u.b. alleen letters")
End If
Next count

End Sub

leonidas wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

If IsNumeric(Right(ComboBox1.Text, 1)) Then

ComboBox1.Text = Left(ComboBox1.Text, Len(ComboBox1.Text) - 1)

in your case
isNumeriec ("a111") if false
so after entering first letter everything else is not numeric and you
can type what you want.

play with .text, not .value

leonidas wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Trap it on input

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)
Select Case KeyAscii
Case 48 To 57:
KeyAscii = 0
End Select

HTH

Bob Phillips

"leonidas" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your help!
I have one final question and that is where I can find a list with all
the casenumbers for all keys on the keyboard.
I now know that 48 to 57 is (1234567890), but I would like to know the
rest too.
Thanks in advance!

--
leonidas
leonidas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35375
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It just conforms to the ASCII value. You can see them all at
http://www.lookuptables.com/, or just type it in the immediate window in the
VBIDE, such as

?ASC("A")