Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sequence of numbers

Hi,
I am looking for a way (through VBA) to enter a sequence of numbers against
a column of dates. For example:
If column A had 10 cells with the same date, I then want column B to
populate with numbers from 1 to 10.
If the next line had a single date, column B to show as a 1
(The dates will always be in order by the way)
If then there was a gap in column A to return a blank in column B.
To show you what I mean in a little more detail:

Date column Sequence column

Mon 17 Jul 1
Mon 17 Jul 2
Mon 17 Jul 3