Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a formula in a SUBTOTAL Line

I've been reading and searching all over to no avail.

Is it possible to do another calcation on the subtotal line for the
column that was excluded in the subtotal?

If instance,

ColA ColB ColC ColD
A 1 10 ""
A 2 20 ""
B 2 20 ""
B 3 20 ""

Sum ColB, ColC nothing for ColD
Result
A 3 30 ""
B 5 40 ""

But I want do to a calcuation after I get the subtotal to get the
following
Desired Result (Where ColD is a calcuation of ColB-ColA for the
Subtotal row)
A 3 30 27
B 4 40 35

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could apply a formula to your raw data...

In D2:
=c2-d2

And include column D in your data|subtotals sums.

Or you could apply data|subtotals.
Then use the outlining symbols to show only the total rows.
Select the cells in column D on those rows.
Edit|Goto|Special|visible cells only

type this (without looking at the screen):

=
(arrowleft one time)
-
(arrowleft twice)

hit control enter to fill all those visible cells in the selection with the
formula.

--

Dave Peterson