Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default General Mail Failure for "ActiveWorkbook.HasRoutingSlip = True"

We have a VBA app in Excel that is causing Excel to generate the "General
Mail Failure" message when the "AcitveWorkbook.HasRoutingSlip = True" line of
code is executed. When this occurs (repeatedly), we simply close Excel,
reopen the spreadsheet, and re-execute the code (this workbook is generated
via the VBA app). Also, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not the attempt
to add the routing slip is via code or via Excel's menu (File, Send To,
Routing Recipient).

I am guessing that something is happening during the VBA app's initial
execution that is causing something to interrupt the connection to the mail
system. Again, restarting Excel allows the code to run (after restart, only
a subset of the code is executed; i.e. the spreadsheet already exists, so the
second time around is only used to transmit the document).

It is important to note that this worked without any problems before the
user received a new PC (verified that it still works on the old PC). It may
be possible that some security patch is causing a problem (old PC also had
Office 2002 SP3 on it). I am really banging my head against the wall on this
one. Any thoughts?

We are running the following:

MS Excel 2002 (10.6789.6735) SP3
MS Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735) SP3
MS Exchange 5.5 (??)

Thanks,

Jesse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If anyone is interested, we did solve this problem. This application, in
some cases, would request information from an Oracle database. This problem
only occurred after the Oracle client software was migrated from version 8i
to 10g (as part of a new PC rollout). When we reverted back to the 8i
version the problem went away. I still do not know how database access would
in anyway effect the routingslip functionality, but apparently it did.

"JJDavis" wrote:

Any thoughts on this???