Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Iteration Calculations between sheets

The calculate is set to manual.

I have four sheets, A, B, C and D. Correct me if I am wrong in any my
following statements.

Step 1) Cells in A do not reference other sheets. So, all of A is
calculated.

Step 2) Excel goes to the next sheet in alphabetical order, B. Cells in
B refer to both D sheet and A sheet cells. So Excel will use the
previous iteration's existing values in D (without recalculating) and
the values for A calculated in step 1. Right?

Step 3) Continuing in alphabetical order, Excel with go to sheet C,
which has cells refering to cells in sheet B. Thus, Excel will use
values calculated in step 2.

Step 4) The D sheet has cells which refer to B and C sheet cells, so it
will use the already calculated values from steps #2 and #3 for those
cells.

Please, correct me if I am not understanding how excel is working here.

Also, reply with any clarification requests you may need.

Thanks in advance,

Abe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's a great MSDN article explaining this much better than I can:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...excel02_ta.asp

--
www.alignment-systems.com