Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba select from Active Directory (LDAP)

I have found references to VBScript that let me create a workbook-spreadsheet
with a list of computer names from Active Directory. When I take the script
and put it into a workbook to use as a VBA it fails stating no record
returned.
I cannot find any reference for doing an LDAP query from inside Excel, do
anyone here know where such a reference can be found?

source: List Active Directory Data in a Spreadshee
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../ofexvb05.mspx
The part that reports the error is;
Set objRecordSet = objCommand.Execute
objRecordSet.MoveFirst <-- this line and the Error code is:
Run-time error '3021':
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record was deleted. Requested
operation requires a current record.

--
Implement by Design,
Enhanced by Ability
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Will,

I'm just taking a guess here, but maybe you have to add a reference to the
Microsoft ADO file under the Visual Basic
Editor--Tools--References--Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects. I also see
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset in there as well, but have no clue
as to exactly what it's needed for.

Hope it helps,

Chris

"WillC" wrote in message
I have found references to VBScript that let me create a
workbook-spreadsheet
with a list of computer names from Active Directory. When I take the
script
and put it into a workbook to use as a VBA it fails stating no record
returned.
I cannot find any reference for doing an LDAP query from inside Excel, do
anyone here know where such a reference can be found?

source: List Active Directory Data in a Spreadsheet