Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Help w/ Search or Find Macro

Guys,

I need help with making a search or find macro.

I need the find function to be attach to a button.

I tried to record the find but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks

--
japorm
japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=654

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm...

I think I should rephrase my request.

Can anyone help me to make a search button instead of using ctrl F.

there will be a button and a search bar. You will type in the searc
term in the search box and click on the button for it to search th
sheet.

I don't know if these will be a challenge to you guys but I'm having
hard time looking for the code for this one.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Cheers! :

--
japorm
japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=654
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about just having your button show the Edit|Find dialog?

Option Explicit
Sub testme03()
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show
End Sub

japorms wrote:

Hmmm...

I think I should rephrase my request.

Can anyone help me to make a search button instead of using ctrl F.

there will be a button and a search bar. You will type in the search
term in the search box and click on the button for it to search the
sheet.

I don't know if these will be a challenge to you guys but I'm having a

japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6544
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551211

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to you all

It's working now. Just a thought, I'm thinking of just putting
search bar or box in a button instead of creating a short cut butto
for find.

Do you guys know the macro for this?

Btw, do you know where I can download a excel macro programming ebook?

Thanks again