Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .xls values, like .pdf

What is the easiest way to make a copy of a workbook where the cells contain
only the values and the formatting?

No formulas behind, if possible no VBA code etc.

Similar to pdf, it is like taking a picture of the different worksheets so
that they can be viewed by others. (I believe that Microsoft came very close
to saving as pdf in the new Office 2007 but talkis with Adobe broke down)

Thanks,

Antonio
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Antonio

if possible no VBA code

You can use my sendmail add in to send a copy of the workbook to yourself
There is a option to make values in the add-in

--
Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Antonio" wrote in message ...
What is the easiest way to make a copy of a workbook where the cells contain
only the values and the formatting?

No formulas behind, if possible no VBA code etc.

Similar to pdf, it is like taking a picture of the different worksheets so
that they can be viewed by others. (I believe that Microsoft came very close
to saving as pdf in the new Office 2007 but talkis with Adobe broke down)

Thanks,

Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Antonio,

Not sure if you needed VBA code to automate this. If you only have a few
sheets in your workbook and you don't do this "save as sort of a pdf" very
frequently then it might not be necessary. What you can do manually is
select each entire worksheet, click EditCopy, then click EditPaste Special
and select only the "values" option. Then do a second paste special
selecting only the "formats" option. If you need to do this sort of thing a
lot with many workbooks each of which could have many worksheets then you
might want to contemplate an add-in that would automate this process and that
you could access via an Excel toolbar menu item. Someone else might have a
simpler approach but, if not, I can provide you with the steps you'll need to
do this.

"Antonio" wrote:

What is the easiest way to make a copy of a workbook where the cells contain
only the values and the formatting?

No formulas behind, if possible no VBA code etc.

Similar to pdf, it is like taking a picture of the different worksheets so
that they can be viewed by others. (I believe that Microsoft came very close
to saving as pdf in the new Office 2007 but talkis with Adobe broke down)

Thanks,

Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SA SA is offline

Antonio:

1.) If you stop by our web and look in the MS Excel developer tools area, we
have a small add in called "copy sheet" with which from a menu, you can copy
a sheet (that contains formulas, calcs etc.) to a new worksheet which
contains just the values from the file, so that the user doesn't have to
have all the data.

2.) We also have another Add In that is a PDF Wizard for Excel, which if you
have any one of 10 different PDF printer drivers on your machine, (some of
which are very in-expensive) you can one click output the Worksheet or
Workbook to a PDF file (and merge it with Word docs or other PDF files).

Hope that helps
--
SA
ACG Soft