Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining files and their respective VBA macros

This is my first visit to the newsgroup.

I am using Excel 97 on Windows XP. A friend wrote the following for me
(VBA is a totally alien to me).

The file is called timer Dax.xls. The purpose is to copy a value from
a constantly changing dde-linked cell and copy the latest value into a
column every 1-minute.

I would like to run more than one file (of the same but different
names) but can't - only the active file will run.

Therefore, how can I combine/import other files into this?

Obviously, the input/output cells would need to be specified elsewhere,
eg current A, B - ActiveSheet.Range("A65536") and Cells(row,
2).Value = [A1].Value - first new file at cells C, D and second new
file at cells E, F.
VB:

Private Sub CmdClearArea_Click()
ClearArea
End Sub

Private Sub CmdStart_Click()

Dim row As Single
row = ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).row + 1
Cells(row, 1).Value = Time()
Cells(row, 2).Value = [A1].Value

StartTimer
End Sub

Private Sub CmdStop_Click()
StopTimer

StopTimer
End Sub

This is the procedure to activate (dde source is running):

Open Excel,
open file called timer DAX.xls,
Enable macros,
Update linked information,
Tools,
Macro,
Macros,
click MyFunc,
Run.

Data starts to update. As this is the only file open, this (presumably)
is the active file.

On opening another file: repeat the above for next file (timer
STOXX.xls). The blue title/heading bar is blue indicating (?) this is
now the active file; title bar of the previous file (timer DAX.xls) is
now grey and is not updating. Click on this and it updates, but the
other file stops.

Grant.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining files and their respective VBA macros. How much to solve

For whatever reason - too mundane, too difficult, weather in UK too
good to be sat at computer - the lack of response means I will PAY for
a solution. Please advise.

Grant.