Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default work with invisible sheet

Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use data from a "visible = False"
sheet ?

To look neat, in a workbook, I hide a sheet that contains my raw data
and would like to use the data in this hidden sheet to display graphs
in another (visible) existing sheet.

Is this possible ?

Thanks all :-)

Oli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it is. If you want to address it in VBA, use the worksheet codename, the
name you see in the explorer in the VBIDE that is not in brackets, you can
address a cell directly

Sheet1.Range("A1")

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Oli6865" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use data from a "visible = False"
sheet ?

To look neat, in a workbook, I hide a sheet that contains my raw data
and would like to use the data in this hidden sheet to display graphs
in another (visible) existing sheet.

Is this possible ?

Thanks all :-)

Oli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can certainly reference data in a hidden sheet. Reference it
just as you would if the sheet were not hidden.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Oli6865" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use data from a "visible =
False"
sheet ?

To look neat, in a workbook, I hide a sheet that contains my
raw data
and would like to use the data in this hidden sheet to display
graphs
in another (visible) existing sheet.

Is this possible ?

Thanks all :-)

Oli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to both of you :-)
It'll be useful, but I just have another little Q, can you delete a
column in a hidden sheet ?

Oli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oli6865 wrote:
Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use data from a "visible = False"
sheet ?

To look neat, in a workbook, I hide a sheet that contains my raw data
and would like to use the data in this hidden sheet to display graphs
in another (visible) existing sheet.

Is this possible ?

Sure.

Sheets("Sheet2").Range ("A1") = Sheets("Sheet1").Range ("A1")

The thing you can't do this is to select hidden sheet so, code below
will not work

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Range ("A1") = Selection.value

and it is how macro recorder usually records macros.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or select the sheet itself... Also note that if the sheet is not active then
there is no active cell on the sheet. Any references to the active cell are
alway to the active sheet.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Oli6865" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks to both of you :-)
It'll be useful, but I just have another little Q, can you
delete a
column in a hidden sheet ?

Oli

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all of you, I got my macro working :)

Oli