Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 vs 2000 VBA Compatibilty

I coded a VBA app in Excel 2003. Runs fine. But not when run with
Excel 2000. For example, a dialogue box selection launches a
subroutine that sorts a range. An error message appears running 2000:
Compile error. Can't find project or library. BTW, the sort routine
was captured via a macro. So I am not sure if there are some new
parameter settings in 2003 that are not recognized by 2000. Are there
any fundamental downward compatibility issues with 2003 vs. 2000?

Any assistance appreciated.

SteveM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve

You probably have something like
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
at the end of your macro

These options DataOption1 to 3 were added in XL2003 and can be safely
removed without stopping the macro continuing to work in 2003.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"SteveM" wrote in message
ups.com...
I coded a VBA app in Excel 2003. Runs fine. But not when run with
Excel 2000. For example, a dialogue box selection launches a
subroutine that sorts a range. An error message appears running 2000:
Compile error. Can't find project or library. BTW, the sort routine
was captured via a macro. So I am not sure if there are some new
parameter settings in 2003 that are not recognized by 2000. Are there
any fundamental downward compatibility issues with 2003 vs. 2000?

Any assistance appreciated.

SteveM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

In VBA editor go to tools refrences and uncheck all the refrences you are
not using.I think the problem is with the missing refrences

Thanks
Xcelion