Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transferring Data to Word

My application creates data in an Excel worksheet. It rounds the data to two
decimal points. When I try to merge that data into a Word mail merge the two
decimal points expand to 15.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to add a numeric format to your merge field.

After you have inserted a numeric field, press Alt+F9 to display something
like

{MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \*MERGEFORMAT}

Make this

{MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \#.00 \*MERGEFORMAT}

Press Alt+F9 again to revert to the previoud view.

Repeat for all numeric fields.

"Lon Sarnoff" wrote:

My application creates data in an Excel worksheet. It rounds the data to two
decimal points. When I try to merge that data into a Word mail merge the two
decimal points expand to 15.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello -

I am having the same problem and found your response helpful, however, when
I add the \#.00 after the field name and merge the document, the number that
comes through is limited to the numbers right of the decimal, i.e., if I'm
merging the number 150.89, only .89 comes through. So then I added zeros to
the left of the decimal, and this worked, except that I have a variety of
numbers to merge, i.e., numbers in the tens, hundreds and thousands. So if
my merge fleid looks like this: {MERGEFIELD YourFieldName \#0000.00}, the
fields come through like this: 0010.99, 0100.99, etc. Also, when I press
Alt+F9, there is no 'mergeformat' - I'm not sure if this is causing the
problem.

HELP!!!