Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default [OT] Google spreadsheet

Has anyone got access to google spreadsheet????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06..._excel_killer/

Any good (and yes, it's off-topic, hence the [OT] in the subject, but it's
pretty relevant.

--
www.alignment-systems.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

here
http://www.google.com/googlespreadsheets/try_out.html

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"John.Greenan" wrote in message
Has anyone got access to google spreadsheet????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06..._excel_killer/

Any good (and yes, it's off-topic, hence the [OT] in the subject, but it's
pretty relevant.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I can see the form to request access, but has anyone got access?????

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"Don Guillett" wrote:

here
http://www.google.com/googlespreadsheets/try_out.html

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"John.Greenan" wrote in message
Has anyone got access to google spreadsheet????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06..._excel_killer/

Any good (and yes, it's off-topic, hence the [OT] in the subject, but it's
pretty relevant.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Google spreadsheet

not yet..........

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way I see it:

ANY spreadsheet that claims to be an Excel replacement, or Excel compatible,
or Excel import/export able, can ONLY truely claim to be so, if it also got
FULL macro support - thus any macro contained will be executable flawless
too.

So far, I've failed to find such a spreadsheet!

Conclusion: Excel!

Pistolprinsen

"John.Greenan" skrev i en meddelelse
Has anyone got access to google spreadsheet????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06..._excel_killer/

Any good (and yes, it's off-topic, hence the [OT] in the subject, but it's
pretty relevant.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Access is now available for this as far as I know, if you do not have
access then you might have misspelled your email address on the
invitation.

Regards

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Duncan,

I received the invitation. Well, at the moment I don't think Bill Gates
will be sweating it, but they have some good ideas. In about 2 hours of
testing I have reported about 6 bugs, so there's a long long way to go...

Cheers,

John

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"Duncan" wrote:

Access is now available for this as far as I know, if you do not have
access then you might have misspelled your email address on the
invitation.

Regards

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think their is definite potential for this, I quite like it even in
its simplicity at the moment because it is still ok for simple sharing
and the updating is good.

It cannot handle some of my formulas though!, that is my main drawback
to using it at the moment but like you I have sent loads of feedback
and hopefully this will feed their development.

I will keep my eye on this, I would love it to snub mr gates but I
think its a mammoth task to recreate excel.

Duncan