Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default #NAME?

When I go to some cells in my file and hit F2, then F9, it shows #NAME?, even though the value shown in the cell itself is clearly Ok, such as 15.4, as well as another cell which sums this cell with other cells (and doesn't exhibit the aforementioned f2, f9 problem)?.

What are the possible causes of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, it is below. Certainly, it is complex. I can tell you that I am not having the problem with another cell that has the same if/cell/override function combo, nor one that only has the eomonth function. Perhaps, combining the two is more than it can handle? Thanks Dean

=IF(CELL("TYPE",Override!U71)="V",Override!U71/1000,IF(AND(U$7=EOMONTH(CostSpread!$E18,0),U$7<=E OMONTH(CostSpread!$G18,0)),CostSpread!$H18,0))/1000
"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
Perhaps we could be of more help if you would copy/paste your formula(s) here.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dean" wrote in message ...
When I go to some cells in my file and hit F2, then F9, it shows #NAME?, even though the value shown in the cell itself is clearly Ok, such as 15.4, as well as another cell which sums this cell with other cells (and doesn't exhibit the aforementioned f2, f9 problem)?.

What are the possible causes of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From the help on Eomonth:

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

Tools|Addins|check Analysis toolpak.

If it isn't listed, you may have to install it from the CD.

--

Dave Peterson