Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to create links to all files in directory

I am unexperienced (dutch) excel-user; i have got, say 300 client-sales-order
files in seperate workbooks in one directory (the number of files will rise
every week, because of new clients. The sheets are named as the persons
names.) All those workbooks are layed-out exactly the same. Every two-three
weeks I want to make invoices for the clients that have accumulated let's say
a total of 100 euros. I don't want to have to open each seperate workbook
every time. I thought about importing all sheets of the directory in
excel(via dir list.txt command) in a seperate sheet. Next to the filename
including the full path, i wanted to automatically create a link to the total
amount cell of that particular persons workbook. if that amount would be
higher than 100, than i would want to go through that link to that sheet, to
perform the necessary steps manually or partly by some simple macro's (saving
to different locations- copying sales-order-rows to history sheet, create
invoices). I cannot create those links to those 300 files from the dir.txt
file automatically; it only works when i manually create the link by pointing
to the file (this is ofcourse far too time-consuming). Does anyone have a
clue or does anyone have a more handy suggestion. Maybe combining with
access. I use office 2003. I haven't got any experience with visual basic.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hallo Edwin

Try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm