Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Interface Design: Drop Down

I am working on a workbook that contains drop-downs in various cells.
The source for these drop downs are several Named Ranges on a tab name
'Drop Downs'.

I am locking the whole spreadsheet down so that people are not messin
with the format, etc. (which is the current problem). So I don't allo
people to add/delete rows, etc.

I am trying to think of a good interface to allow users to modify th
entries in each drop down list (i.e. they may need to add a person t
the "Resources" Range which feeds into a drop-down box elsewhere).

So, people should be able to add/delete items. I was thinking I woul
put a little 'X' next to each entry, such that when pressed - it woul
delete the corresponding entry. (Using the Assign Macro on a Tex
Box). However, I have to assign each 'X' a method to call - and
can't pass in an argument - so if I assign them all the same macro nam
- I won't be able to figure out which one was pushed. And the number o
'X' will be dynamic, so I can't hard code a bunch of functions. I don'
really have a good idea for allowing additions yet (other than a butto
that prompts for the name and then adds it in).

I guess I could just use a Form that allows editing of the data (tha
would be easy and powerful to do), but I don't really want to do that
I want it to be editable within the excel spreadsheet itself.

ANY IDEAS FOR GOOD LAYOUTS THAT YOU HAVE USED TO ALLOW USERS TO MODIF
LISTS

Thanks

--
whitehurs
whitehurst's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3454

VB interface AD108 Excel Programming 3 April 29th 06 09:30 AM
Hyperlinks Inserted in Design Mode inactive once Exited Design Mod Craig Excel Programming 0 March 16th 05 04:53 PM
QUI Expert: Excel-based User Interface or OO User Interface? Michael[_27_] Excel Programming 1 November 11th 04 01:53 PM
GUI Expert: Excel-based User Interface or OO User Interface? Michael[_27_] Excel Programming 0 November 11th 04 01:20 PM
Enter Excel Design Mode and Exit Design Mode Bill Lunney Excel Programming 0 August 4th 03 07:48 AM