Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide PERSONAL.XLS

I accidentally created a macro module in my VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLS) then
deleted it. Now the (PERSONAL.XLS) is always visible in the projects tab. How
do I hide the (PERSONAL.XLS) again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've run numerous searches and not found it. I even went to the XLSTART
directory and it isn't there but it still appears on the tab. I even looked
in each folder under office (works too) can't find it. I'm so confused. If it
matters Tom I'm running Office 2003

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If you don't have any macros in it, then just delete the workbook.
Personal.xls is just a workbook located in the xlstart directory.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rookie 1st class" <Rookie1stClass@SpamThis wrote in message
I accidentally created a macro module in my VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLS) then
deleted it. Now the (PERSONAL.XLS) is always visible in the projects tab.

How
do I hide the (PERSONAL.XLS) again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd search again.

Maybe even using an old DOS command.

Windows|start button|run
cmd (windows 2k/xp)
command (windows 98)

At the DOS prompt:
X: (to get to the x: drive, change X to your drive letter)
cd\ (to get to the root directory)

dir personal*.xl* /s

the /s means to search through subdirectories.

Maybe it'll pop up.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Think I had a senior moment. I found it last night shortly after posting I
couldn't. It was burried deep within "Documents and Settings" for a reason
I'll never understand. I THOUGHT I'd posted a thanks to Tom for the nudge in
the right direction. Thanks to everyone that tried to assist.

I tried an "ALL FILES AND FOLDERS" search. Why didn't that find it? Maybe
for the same reason it was so well hidden!

Me Thinks Dave is an old DOS head. I have an operable 286 that has NEVER
seen windows. I thought DOS (except for the filename limitation) was a MUCH
better system.
Thanks again
Lou