Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Intersecting Data

Greetings,
I am having trouble writing the code base on the following data (original
and final)

sta. x y -- original begins
here
0+10.00 0 N/A 1
0+10.00 2.46 99.35 4
0+10.00 2.85 99.34 0
0+10.00 33.85 99.46 0
0+10.00 37.05 99.62 0
0+10.00 39.79 99.77 0
0+10.00 39.99 99.8 0
0+10.00 41.59 N/A 4
0+10.00 60 N/A 6
'this is a blank line' finals begin here
0+10.00 0 N/A 1
0+10.00 0.27 N/A 4
0+10.00 0.87 N/A 4
0+10.00 5.01 99.68 4
0+10.00 5.48 99.31 0
0+10.00 6.42 99.26 0
0+10.00 7.84 99.34 0
0+10.00 12.99 98.71 0
0+10.00 26.4 99.01 0
0+10.00 31.29 99.41 0
0+10.00 35.96 99.63 0
0+10.00 36.06 N/A 4
0+10.00 38.2 N/A 4
0+10.00 41.59 N/A 4
0+10.00 60 N/A 6
What I am trying to do is find the x,y intersection of the 2 sets of data (
original and final). There are many lines of data with the 1st column
increasing in number(ie. 0+20, 0+30, etc.). This is a text file that has been
imported into Excel. If it would make it any easier I can bring the Original
and Final data into seperate sheets.
I may be asking too much, but would appreciate any help with this. Thanks