Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Real Time Charting

I have 3 individual cells that automatically update every second from an
outside program: 1)Time; 2) Implied Price; 3) Actual Price. I track
the changes of the Implied Price against the Actual Price along Time
all throughout the day (2 line graphs plotted on 1 chart). During the
day I copy and paste the 3 cells into a separate worksheet so they're
stationary and in columns -- from that I create a graph. Is there a
possible way/formula to have a predetermined range of cells auto
populated every minute, predertmined range of individual cells set to
populate at a specific time, or a graph that updates every minute
moving along an x-axis of Time?

--
lossofdog
lossofdog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34987

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I gather from your post is that you simply need a chart/graph which
automatically updates according to the new values in you time and the
two price cells?

You shouldn't really need to do anything here.

Just create a graph based on the 3 cells (which get updated on a
regular interval) and the graph should update itself everytime the
values of the 3 cells change.

I hope this helps.

Sahil

--
schoujar
schoujar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26574

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simply making a graph referenced to the 3 cells does create an
"updating" chart, but when the data changes it is not recorded in the
graph and does not move forward along the x-axis.