Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default column format

Hey,

I have a macro that does a bunch of stuff, but before it does that
stuff I want it to format a column which holds a date value, I want it
to format the columns cells so that the date format is m/d/yyyy h:mm
Does any one know how I would go about this?

--
snowing
snowing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34576

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"snowing" wrote:

Hey,

I have a macro that does a bunch of stuff, but before it does that
stuff I want it to format a column which holds a date value, I want it
to format the columns cells so that the date format is m/d/yyyy h:mm
Does any one know how I would go about this?

--
snowing
snowing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34576
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547201

If the macro only refers to one worksheet. Use the macro recorder and record
the formatting you apply to the column. Copy the code it creates into your
main macro. If the macro jumps from sheet to sheet you may need to modify
this code accordingly.

HTH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

snowing wrote:
Hey,

I have a macro that does a bunch of stuff, but before it does that
stuff I want it to format a column which holds a date value, I want it
to format the columns cells so that the date format is m/d/yyyy h:mm
Does any one know how I would go about this?

--
snowing
snowing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34576
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547201

Columns("A").numberformat = "m/d/yyyy h:mm"

HTH

Die_Another_Day