Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default max

Cell A1 is named "max"

Formula in A1 is:
=IF(TOTAL_PORTFOLIO_VALUEmax,TOTAL_PORTFOLIO_VALU E,max)

this calculates the maximum Total Portfolio Value that is updated every
second with life market prices

The problem is that it has an implicit circular reference that I solve by
iteration.

Anybody knows of a different way to calculate the max without a circular
reference?

Thanks,

Antonio
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Antonio wrote:
Cell A1 is named "max"

Formula in A1 is:
=IF(TOTAL_PORTFOLIO_VALUEmax,TOTAL_PORTFOLIO_VALU E,max)

this calculates the maximum Total Portfolio Value that is updated
every second with life market prices

The problem is that it has an implicit circular reference that I
solve by iteration.

Anybody knows of a different way to calculate the max without a
circular reference?

Thanks,

Antonio

Why is it a "problem"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The problem is twofold:

1. "Calculate" is permanently in the task bar. The spreadsheet is large and
complex with plenty of macros that turn calculation on and off and I do not
know for sure when I need to recalculate.

2. The iterations needed do slow down the calculation of the spreadsheet
(although I only do 2 iterations).

These are not major problems but the situation is not optimal.

Thanks,

Antonio