Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Two Excel VBA Quezzies

First question,
Is there any way to get a listing of system and/or user data sources
from a VBA app?

Second question,
Is there any way to have a form that is displayed show WHILE Excel is
minimized? So far I can get the form to show and Excel to minimize,
but it takes the form with it. Interestingly enough, if I click the
taskbar entry for the program, only the foreground form displays. But
if I programatically manipulate Excel to be maximized (or normal), the
whole program comes back.

This is purely aesthetics, but I'd like to be able to develop a nice
polished interface where possible. If anyone is wise in the ways of
Excel and it's events and objects, this is a tricky one.

I'm sure there are more to come! Thank you in advance to anyone who
responds.

- Alexander Trauzzi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know #1.

But both of these worked ok for me:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Application.Visible = False
UserForm1.Show
Application.Visible = True
End Sub
Sub testme2()
Application.WindowState = xlMinimized
UserForm1.Show
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

The first sub hid the application. The second minimized it.

But then the userform was floating over a different application for me (I didn't
like it).

--

Dave Peterson