Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Graphics in ADO Recordsets

I submitted a question on 22 May 2006 and did not receive any replies. Just
in case the wording was not straightforward I have rewritten it below.

I have an Excel workbook which interrogates another Excel application to
produce benchmarking criteria for use in our department. The Excel workbook
also imports department employee data from an Access database. One of the
fields in the employee record of the database is an 'OLE Object' field which
contains a scanned jpeg image of the employees signature.

My query is this, is it possible to place the jpeg file onto a worksheet
other than by using a path string for a saved picture on disk. Although I can
retrieve the 'OLE Object' into a recordset, I cannot pass this to Excel to
subsequently place it.

Many thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have any suggestion, but why not use the disk approach ?

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Sentinel" wrote in message ...
I submitted a question on 22 May 2006 and did not receive any replies. Just
in case the wording was not straightforward I have rewritten it below.

I have an Excel workbook which interrogates another Excel application to
produce benchmarking criteria for use in our department. The Excel workbook
also imports department employee data from an Access database. One of the
fields in the employee record of the database is an 'OLE Object' field which
contains a scanned jpeg image of the employees signature.

My query is this, is it possible to place the jpeg file onto a worksheet
other than by using a path string for a saved picture on disk. Although I can
retrieve the 'OLE Object' into a recordset, I cannot pass this to Excel to
subsequently place it.

Many thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Sentinel" wrote in message ...
I submitted a question on 22 May 2006 and did not receive any replies. Just
in case the wording was not straightforward I have rewritten it below.

I have an Excel workbook which interrogates another Excel application to
produce benchmarking criteria for use in our department. The Excel workbook
also imports department employee data from an Access database. One of the
fields in the employee record of the database is an 'OLE Object' field which
contains a scanned jpeg image of the employees signature.

My query is this, is it possible to place the jpeg file onto a worksheet
other than by using a path string for a saved picture on disk. Although I can
retrieve the 'OLE Object' into a recordset, I cannot pass this to Excel to
subsequently place it.

Many thanks for any help

Tim

I would prefer to use the database route as all the information is available
in one place, which makes for easier editing updating etc.